If you are considering starting a dropshipping business, have hear of Wix, but don’t know where to start… then you’re in the right place! This article will explain the information you need to know before getting into Wix dropshipping.
But first, let me answer the biggest question that’s likely holding you back. Is dropshipping still worth it in 2021? YES – and I explain exactly why in this post.
Let’s dive right in!
How does Wix work?
If you’re here, you have probably already heard of Wix, but in case you haven’t here’s a run down.
To make it brief, Wix is a page builder. Whether you are considering starting a blog, an online website for your agency, or an e-commerce store, then Wix has a solution for you.
You can choose from hundreds of templates, or choose to design and customize your page totally from scratch. Either way, Wix is a pretty good software to go for, especially if you are a smaller business looking for a simple-to-use page builder.
Founded in 2006, the company has gained quite the reputation. At present, there are around know of 4,565,423 live websites built by Wix! As an online business owner you’ll learn that following the beaten path is usually a quicker way to profits than carving out your own path.
Currently, Wix offers 4 plans, including a FREE one that you may want to use for learning and getting used to the platform.
The next popular plan is called Combo, and it’s billed £8 per month or £72 yearly. This plan will offer you the ability to navigate ad-free, and also use your own domain.
The next available options, Unlimited and Business Basic are priced at £11 and £16 per month. They are recommended for larger projects and established businesses, and offer features as 10GB storage, and the ability to sell online.
Compared with other website and funnel builders that can charge 10 times those rates, Wix is a super affordable software even when you need some of the more advanced features!
Starting Your Dropshipping Business on Wix
So… Is Wix good for dropshipping?
Wix has definitely been a great support for many drop shippers out there, and you should seriously consider it if you want an easy, no-headache option for your online store.
Let’s look at a few of the main advantages of dropshipping with Wix;
- Easily manage your store – Wix is often described as an extremely easy software, which matters A LOT when running an online dropshipping shop. You may want to know that you will always be able to find things around, even without a developer next to you.
- Go globally – When using platforms as Wix to build your dropshipping store, nothing really keeps you from going global with your business.
- No inventory – As this is one of the key points of dropshipping, when using Wix you will also no need to worry about the inventory. You can easily upload pictures of your products into your Wix store, and the suppliers will be the ones to ship the products to your customers.
- Useful dropshipping apps – Wix even has built in apps to help dropshippers optimize their stores! More on this below
Wix dropshipping apps
Wix app store offers a range of useful apps for dropshipping, that you can use mainly for sourcing products and finding suppliers. Let’s take a closer look at some of them:
- Modalyst – An alternative to Oberlo, Modalyst is a very known and used app that you can integrate on your Wix store. Modalyst will display a large catalogue of AliExpress products, that you can easily choose from and add directly into your Wix dropshipping store.
- Spocket – If you are based in the EU or USA, and looking to have a dropshipping business, then this is the way to go. With a lot lower delivery wait, Spocket will display you products available in the EU or USA, and you can find plenty of hot-selling products.
- 365dropship – As the name speaks for itself, this app will as well cover your products sourcing and order fulfillment all 365 days of the year! You may want to give it a try if you haven’t found yet your desired products with the apps suggested above.
Wix vs Shopify
There are numerous debates going on the internet, whether you should use Wix or Shopify for your dropshipping business.
What we would suggest is to try both of them, either by using Wix’s free plan, or Shopify’s free trial. Give them both a try and see which one suits your business better. We will put together some of the main key points for you, and maybe this can help you decide faster.
How easy are they to use?
Both Wix and Shopify will definitely claim themselves as the easiest to use. However, by analysing the complexity of the stores they both build, we can definitely claim that Wix is easier to use.
Themes – Both of these page builders will provide you different themes that you can choose from for your online store.
While Shopify offers around 60 themes including the paid ones, Wix offers 60 free templates. However, if you are focusing on e-commerce only, it could be said that Shopify’s themes are more on point and focused in this sense.
Payment options – Both Shopify and Wix will allow you the basic payment methods such as (Stripe, PayPal). However, a minus in this point for Wix would be that it does not support as of yet Google Pay or Apple Pay, nor having multiple currencies.
Taxes – In this case, we can not argue in favour of one or the other, as both Shopify and Wix will easily allow you to add or disable taxes, or even set them according to different regions.
We do believe that Wix is the way to go when creating a dropshipping store. There will always be pro and cons regarding any software you may use though, that’s why we would like to once again advise you to take some time to discover before going Live, and find out which option suits your business best!
More on dropshipping: